NES Blinking Light Win 72 Pin Connector Replacement

Author Topic: NES Blinking Light Win 72 Pin Connector Replacement  (Read 2034 times)

Boogie

• Newcomer
NES Blinking Light Win 72 Pin Connector Replacement
« on: August 14, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Need help. Is the NES Blinking Light Win 72 pin connector replacement part a good investment for my NES? Will it really stop my NES from blinking without blowing in the game? Only those who actually have it respond please. No hearsay.

twita

• Newcomer
Re: NES Blinking Light Win 72 Pin Connector Replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »
Cool looking avatar.
     I bought a NES modified for High Definition using the Kevtris HDMI mod and added the Blinking Light Win and the picture quality is great with no problems with blinking or blank screens. So I would recommend it if only because, unlike the 72 pin connector, you don't have to keep replacing it every year or two. Just keep a NES cleaner on hand for the occasional dust mites and it's maintenance free.

gansta

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
I've had mine since they first came out. Got in on the ground floor so to speak. As long as your NES game contacts are clean, it works fine. Yes, it's worth the money because you never have to replace it.

Gel Head

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 03:30:11 AM »
It works fine, but for some reason, the game John Elway's Quarterback won't work with it on mine.

gabe

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
What the hell is a blinking light win? New connectors have been around for ages. They are never as good as the original Nintendo made.

gansta

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

It's not another new 7 pin connector, it is actually the anti-72 pin connector. It's a whole different mechanism, more akin to the SNES type connector than the NES. It is a 72 pin connector replacement part that does away with that type connector. See the pictures.

Gel Head

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »
 :ditto:  Actaully the Blinking light win works almost identically to a SNES connector, and is a great improvement over the NES 72 pin connector. For another thing, no blinking light because it bypasses the chip.

Bad Rappa

• Rapp'n Fool
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 07:39:36 AM »
Need help. Is the NES Blinking Light Win 72 pin connector replacement part a good investment for my NES? Will it really stop my NES from blinking without blowing in the game? Only those who actually have it respond please. No hearsay.

Well yes, if your game contacts are clean it will load every time. It won't blink ever because it bypasses the chip that causes that.

Spooky55

• Oh Yeah!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
Just got one delivered yesterday, it works well. It ends blinking if not anything else. I give it 9 out of 10.

Jack

• Newcomer
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 02:57:17 AM »
Blinking Light win 5 times better than a 72 pin connector. It's built like the SNES connector, so obviously it's a much, much better connection. Just imagine SNES game pin connection versus NES pin connection and you'll know why.

Dave

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »
Just a note guys. You still have to keep your game contacts clean or it will contaminate your pins. You won't get the blinking, but you will get a blank screen if it is bad.