The SNES Black Screen of Death

Author Topic: The SNES Black Screen of Death  (Read 3204 times)

mirecada

• Newcomer
The SNES Black Screen of Death
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
I recently was playing my SNES. I turned it off and when i came back the next day the red light came on but however nothing on the screen lit up. I tried multiple games and multiple channels on both the 3 and 4 positions on the back. Do I need to replace the DOCS RF Switch-SNES or what? Help!!! O0

gabe

• Newcomer
Re: The SNES Black Screen of Death
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:39:31 AM »

Try using the AV instead of the RF output. It could also be the 62 pin connector or a bad motherboard. Did you have a power surge. That might do it.

Bustamoves

• Newcomer
Re: The SNES Black Screen of Death
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:39 PM »
Yo,
  I'm having this same problem. I just bought a Super NES on eBay cheap, but upon setting it up I see that there is no picture or sound coming from console. All I get is a black screen. The SNES led light comes on but there is no audio or video. Also, when it powered on I thought it might be my game so I tried inserting several other games and got black screens every time. I have searched the net and this seems to be a problem that others have as well, but no solutions. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, or just where to start.

PS I already checked the AV cable and hookup to the TV. All good!